Wednesday 24 January 2018

2017 - One big hurdle overcomed

Year over year the difference between my assets (only my bankroll + my investments are counted here, not my house,car and other minor things I own) and liabilities went up from -20308€ for 7.1.2017 to 2333€ on 5.1 2018.

In plain English this means that if I would have to pay off my mortgage and loans right now with cash on hand, I would be left with 2333€ euros left.

This is breakthrough as I am finally in green numbers in case I have to pay off the debt immediately. This is what I was focusing at least last two years! And it feels good to break it finally. I feel humble and grateful.

as of 5.1.2018

Betting bank: 49574€
Gold + receivables: 4357€
--------------------------------
Portfolio total: 86953

assets - liabilities: 2333€

Apart from this I have saved another 1500€ which I don't carry on my balance sheet because I keep it as an emergency cash but it will be counted in my 2017 profit because I had to earn it too.

As you can see compared to 2015 where I saved couple of thousands and 2016 where I saved 8000€ this year I saved 24141€. It was thanks to new digital currencies. I invested 8000 in cryptocurrencies in summer 2017 and it has grown over 3x to more than 30 000€. If not for that I would save much less. I almost didn't update prices in cryptos since I invested. Prices were going up hugely but I wanted to prevent myself from freaking out too much on positive or negative side. I did update on prices on 5.1.2018 and do it again only next year. We will see where cryptos go from here.
I am big believer long term and I will diversify a bit this year. My main holdings are ETH, LTC and BTC.

Now I diminished threat I was feeling from being exposed to potential debt. This was burden for me. I feel more secure and my goal for this year of 2018 is not monetary but rather I will focus directly on what I want to achieve with the help of money. 
I want to move my family from my small village where I grew up to capital. This I want to do to raise my self-confidence and to get more opportunities. I like the energy of city and feel this is what I have to do. Most economical way to achieve this will probably be buying property on mortgage rather than renting.  
In terms of money, if I can save 24000€ again this can be used as down-payment for the flat and allow me to move.

In 2017 I significantly upgraded my working tools and environment with new laptops, phone, e-reader and so on. This allowed me to work away from home from cafes and co-working spaces and have variety in my work. This year I will also invest in some tools like 11 inch ereader for reading PDFs and books which I enjoy and another displays and gadgets but most of my needs regarding working tools are met.

My secondary goal is to be more secure and happier. I had this financial and health threats taking center stage of my focus and I see how better I feel now. Of course it will not be just cake walk from now on and I have to accept crises will come up again. But there is more control over my life right now. In terms of feeling safe and comfortable I want to work less in betting and relax more and maybe venture in another job.




No comments:

Post a Comment